The road to 2022 is particularly appropriate because road trips are part of the plan.
2018 Goals: Publish a book Results: Published two books
2019 Goals: Publish four books and earn a prestigious award Results: Published four books and received three prestigious awards.
2020 Goals: Publish four books, receive a prestigious award, sell one book through a bookstore; and stretch goal, end the year with a POSITIVE net income. Results: Published six books, received a prestigious award, sold books in US and UK bookstores, and ended the year with a POSITIVE net income.
2021 Goals: Publish six books including Book 1 of a New Series, sell a complete series through a bookstore, a wild dream of a stretch goal: end the year with a positive net income; and a bonus goal for 2021: Tame the wild unicorn.
- Published six books including Books 1-3 of a new series
- Sold 1 complete set of a series through a bookstore
- Sold 4 complete sets of a series at in-person signing events
- Sold and signed books at two in-person signing events
- Wrote a short story that was included in a Halloween anthology
- Attended a national book conference and incurred travel and lodging expenses but gained an incredible amount of knowledge.
- Ended the year with a positive net income, and I learned a lot about marketing in 2021.
- Tamed the wild unicorn! There’s a saying among authors that if a book receives 50 reviews on Amazon, the author receives a Unicorn. I received more than 50 reviews on 6 books: Each Book 1 in all four series, and Book 2 in two series. BOOM! Unicorns tamed!
GOALS for 2022
- Publish six books
- Publish a Halloween novella
- Publish a trilogy boxset
- Write a Survivalist SciFi short story
- Sell and sign books at four in-person signing events
- Attend the national book conference (Road Trip, Baby!)
- There’s a saying that when readers read more than one million pages of an author’s books in one month, the author has caught the Wild Rainbow Trout.
Bonus Goal: Capture the wild Rainbow Trout!